Monday 11 November 2013

Pixifoto drowns in his own crappiness

If you read my previous article you know that people have been posting their rants about Pixifoto since 2007.

Looks like customers in Australia are smarter than us Europeans, as they managed to reduce the demand enough to make Pixifoto go out of business.

While we wait for the awakening to happen in the Old Continent let's analyze the article i just linked. You'll notice that the writer correctly talks about "snaps" and not photographs. Well done! Because that's what they do at Pixifoto, snapshots, not photographs.

This is why my advise, and the one of many others online, is to go and buy a point & shoot camera. You'll get very good results. I can guarantee that with my entry level DSLR i've taken better shots (not snapshots) than what they came up with during the unfortunate sitting i booked with them. With one i even won a contest in flickr! If you don't want to buy a camera consider going to a professional studio.

Hey, wait a moment, isn't Pixifoto a professional studio? NO!
Let me quote a few comments in case you are still in doubt

What people say about Pixifoto

it could be because their quality is so poor and they are extremely expensive. I've never gone back after getting a package of various shots and then realising one shot was just a close up of another and was pixilated as a result.

totally agree. We got a package done and the photos were really bad. Unfortunately some of it you only really notice when they're made up in full size. Over exposed, no attention to detail, very rushed, very expensive.
My wife and I decided never to go back. We don't have any of their photos hanging on our walls any more, replaced by much better ones that we made ourselves.

The major reason they eventually failed was that they were way too expensive!! I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Have you had a nightmare experience with Pixifoto? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment